I just wanted to pass this very powerful quote along. It is a terrific guide for parenting your child from pregnancy, to infant & throughout your child’s life. Parenting can be one of the hardest emotional jobs we ever have,and putting your child in the light that you know that they are (even during tougher times) helps to keep you positive and thus passing that on to them.
The child is thinking, and receiving vibrational thought from you on the day that he enters your environment. That is the reason that beliefs are transmitted so easily from parent to child, from parent to child, from parent to child. The child is vibrationally receiving your fears, your beliefs, even without your spoken word… If you want to do that which is of greatest value for your child, give thought only to that which you want, and your child will receive only those wanted thoughts.
Excerpted from “The Law of Attraction, The Basics of the Teachings of Abraham” # 179
as always in joy
Today when I turned on the news I got frightened about the weather! We are living in a society that makes us fearful for our well being on most levels.
Working in the hospital I became all to familiar with what is said about what can go wrong in labor.
Many doctors & nurses while thinking it is their best intention are telling woman what can possibly go wrong. This fills her mind with fear of labor and birth which during this vulnerable time causes her to lose her perspective to trust the process.
That is why I want to help woman know what can go RIGHT. That is what I teach. Helping women and their partners understand the process of labor and birth and giving them the ability to trust the natural process and to make the best choices for their unique birth experience.
I want you to celebrate your childs birthday with a positive memory, one with no regrets. Having a positive birth experience sets the path for joyous parenting.
Get all the education you need to prepare for your birth in the comfort of your home with Small Wonders Childbirth Education DVD.
As I sit and wait for my phone to ring from my doula client who was due 5 days ago I empathize with all the pregnant woman who are getting close to the due date or have gone past it and are waiting for labor . Could these contractions really be it? Could today be the day? As you know the due date is just an estimate, average first time mom goes a week and a day past the due date ( seems like a lifetime ) But please trust that your baby knows the perfect time.
Here are some tips that may help you through these last few days..or dare I say weeks?
1. Treat your self to a massage or pedicure.
2. Go to an afternoon movie , it will be a long time you can catch a chick flick by yourself
3.Take a nap
4.Take a walk ….remember to stay hydrated
5 Visit with some friends
6. Read a good book
7. Take a prenatal yoga class
8. Journal about your pregnancy journey
Remember you are only getting closer every day to having the baby.Embrace these last few days of pregnancy as you make the transition to “mamahood”
Have a Happy Birthday
Small Wonders Childbirth
Five tips to have the Positive Birth you deserve.
Choose what information you hear about feels best for you. Do this by making a complete circle of support for your pregnancy. Include your medical professionals, doctors or midwives, community classes for parents to be, your childbirth educator, your doula, your friends and family, and a few good books.
- Stay healthy during your pregnancy .Nourish you and your baby’s body with clean and nutritious food. . Keep yourself hydrated and take time to rest when you need to. Of course allow yourself to indulge in some of your unique cravings.
- Flood your body with endorphins, natures natural high while staying in great shape for the athletic event of labor. Take walks or hikes, prenatal swimming and prenatal yoga is another great way to work out while meeting other woman.
- Write down your Birth wishes, what you desire for your birth always with the intention of a healthy and joyful birth. Sit down with your partner and compose your wishes something like “We prefer to labor in a quiet and dimly lit room”
- Meditate daily while you say your daily affirmation. You will learn to trust your instincts, your inner wisdom and your body.
Learn more at www.smallwonderschildbirth.com
1. Knowledge is power, the information you receive should increase your knowledge thereby decreasing your fears or worries
2. Understanding what is normal for labor . you cannot control your labor but you can control how much you relax
3. To be able to make the best choices for you and your own unique experience
4. To have a positive birth you deserve one you will always remember with empowerment, joy and love
Small Wonders Childbirth Education DVD is not governed by Lamaze or Bradley techniques, rather it evolved from my attendance of over 300 births and what really works for woman. Designed by woman and their partners in labor to achieve a positive birth… what could be better!